MTB Wagga was formed in July 2005. We now have over 90 members with a range of club activities.
We have an emphasis on both social and competitive Mountain Biking, we strongly encourage junior and beginner participation.
We actively participate in respecting and protecting the places we ride – in partnership with Land Managers and other user groups and through the development of sustainable trails, rehabilitation and revegetation.
Wagga Wagga is located approximately 5 hours from Sydney, 5 hours from Melbourne, 2.5 hours from Canberra and 2 hours from Beechworth in the Riverina. The Murrumbidgee River runs right past our main street. Wagga has a rich sporting background with many national and international sport-stars establishing their sporting careers in Wagga Wagga.
As Mountain Bikers, we have access to many great riding locations including Pomingalarna reserve, Willans Hill, Livingstone National Park, The Wiradjuri trail, Plum Pudding reserve, Tumut bike track, just to name a few. Many of these areas offer great single trail riding through native bushland.
MTB Wagga has acheived some landmarks since it formation:
- Access to two Rural Lands Protection Board sites (Plum Pudding and Brick Kiln Reserves).
- Affiliation with MTBA and IMBA.
- 6 Hour MTB Race.
- Launch of our website www.mtbwagga.asn.au.
- A number of social rides and events catering for our junior, senior, social and competitive riding.
- Membership of over 90 members.
- Inclusion of mountain biking in the draft Livingstone National Park Management Plan.
- Partnership with Wagga Wagga City Council to develop the Plan of Management for Pomingalarna reserve.
- Providing ongoing stewardship with WWCC and assisting with the coordination of rehabilitation and maintenance of Pomingalarna Reserve.
- Re-establishment of the “Friends of Pomingalarna” to protect and preserve the reserve and maintain a sustainable multi-use trail network.
- Should you wish to join our club, or if you are visiting Wagga and are looking for that perfect single track, or are just looking to get into a new sport, please contact us.
2015/2016 MTB Wagga Committee
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or queries you may have for any of the committee. Any news items for the web page or events to be advertised can also be emailed through to this address.
President: Paul Johanson
Secretary: Mitchell Fury
Treasurer: Kathryn Naumann
Meetings are held on the 3rd Monday of each month at 6:30pm. All club members are welcome to attend and new ideas and input is strongly encouraged.
Email us at email@example.com